Friday, March 20, 2015

Vengeance is Mine

Stardate: January 1, 3999

My Dearest Magdalene,

My soul is on fire! To hear this, what you have said to me in your last letter, if there were a way I could slip through space and time instantly to get to you I would tear that entire station apart to get to him. 

And then tear his black, beating heart out, if he even possesses one!

The librarian is a clue to me when it comes to protection for you. If you can, stay with him for as long as you can. Keep the book and read it in an undertone day and night, doing more than just reading it for pleasure or for knowledge. This calls for the battle mindset. When you approach the book here on out, approach it with a view to salvation from this dark fiend. Or any darkness.

When I get there I will search him out for I can tell when the dark hands are about. I have picked up at least that gift from my expedition. I will find him and rend him limb by limb! His flesh will be burnt beyond recognition, his blood drained form him when I am through! Oh! I shake with fury that he has attempted to lay his hands on you!

Now I know the source and reason for my dark dreams - these dreams with teeth and shadows. It is he, the evil one on our home station who is trying to destroy what we have built, and Kristoff trying to destroy all the light in the universe. They are two of a kind, minion of wickedness and master of darkness. But I wonder who is the minion and who the master? I am so angry that I'd forgotten to tell you that I journeyed to the Star Cathedral on the planet Nenyeth yesterday and passed the time in contemplative prayer and spoke with one of the mendicants that live nearby the cathedral. It was a fulfilling and satisfying exchange with the mendicant, a beautiful one, in fact. He helped me to understand my dreams and directed me to see a hermit deep in the forests of Cathendau called The Mysterious One. Shall I even go now? I fear what will happen to you if I depart from my journey any more than I already have, though I am coming, ever closer.

Fear not, Magdalene. Vengeance is mine. I will repay his bold insolence.

Love and Fire,
R. Vaughn

No comments:

Post a Comment