Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Deception

Stardate: July 1, 3999

My dearest Magdalene,

Your letter came late today. It is only tomorrow that I will be able to leave this place. But the stargate nearest the outpost is under major repairs and I must reach home through a more circuitous route and by another ship. The poor captain's scow just won't make it past this outpost.

The expedition - When we had all arrived at our meet point, Kristoff  (that old bastard!) was there. I knew we'd have trouble as soon as I laid eyes upon the rascal. Sure enough the first day of the hunt we found that our hunting party had been redirected fraudulently to the Parri system instead of where we'd find the actual first clue, a planetoid on the edge of the Rhovanion system. Through trickery and bribery he managed to l get a huge lead on us. Thankfully, I caught the mistake halfway to the other star system. That was the least of our problems.

But I sense something is amiss, love. Tell me, why is it that you do not go out? Why can you not enjoy your lounging in the cafes or elsewhere on deck of the station as you once did? Are you ill? Is someone menacing you? I will be traveling through asteroid belts and the planetary system of Bandersnatch with its planets full of vast rings. transmission will by near impossible and I may not be able to send a letter in a while my love. I hope you get this one. Until then, I am coming.

Love,
R. Vaughn




No comments:

Post a Comment